Making sure your child enjoys a healthy lunch is often another hurdle on a long list of ‘back to school’ tasks. So take the pressure off with these 10 kid-friendly ideas for wholesome lunchtime meals. They’re quick and simple with just one top tip: sneak nutritious Mara Seaweed into your wee one’s lunch box for a midday health boost. It’s easier than you think.
10 nutritious packed lunches your children will love
1. Shake Shony into scrambled eggs instead of salt and pepper or mix it into egg mayo.
2. Pesto pasta is even tastier with Shony stirred in - or make your own pesto with Kombu.
3. Spread cream cheese on mini toasted bagels or crackers and top with avocado and Shony.
4. Sprinkle a generous amount of Smoked Dulse in to mac’n’cheese. Packed with umami, more dulse means you need less cheese. Great under the grill.
5. Shake Shony or Dulse onto tomatoes as part of a ham salad wrap.
6. A wee fruit salad with fresh strawberries is delicious with a sprinkle of Shony.
7. Give hearty veggie soups a flavour boost with delicious Kombu.