We found this break down of how seaweed is a wonder food for a vegan diet on One Green Planet.com and thought would be nice to share:
Since vegan eaters don’t eat fish, getting certain nutrients like omega-3s, iodine, Vitamin B12, calcium, and magnesium can sometimes be a bit challenging. That’s where seaweed comes to the rescue!
Here are 10 amazing things seaweed can do for you and why it’s essential to a vegan diet:
- Provides the body with magnesium, zinc, Vitamin B12, biotin, and iron
- Just one gram of seaweed provides your entire day’s worth of iodine, a critical mineral for the thyroid.
- Increases hair and nail growth
- Clears the skin and enhances eyesight
- Improves mood by reducing anxiety and enhancing mental focus
- Prevents anemia and fatigue
- Cleanses the digestive tract
- Alkalizes the blood
- Prevents and treats sugar cravings
- May prevent depression
Read more of this blog on One Green Planet