This recipe was written by cook and forager Helen Westwood. Click here to follow the link to her twitter page and more great recipes!
Perfect for this time of year, this soup will keep you warm and boost your immune system! Garlic is not only antiviral, it is also a strong antioxidant whilst the seaweed dulse is a source of immune power nutrients vitamin C and zinc.
500g of carrots, peeled and chopped
500g of sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons of Olive oil
3 teaspoons of Korma Curry Powder
2 teaspoons of Mara Dulse
2 garlic cloves
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
Approx 2 to 3 litres of hot ham stock made with 2 ham stock cubes (use enough stock to cover the vegetables during cooking)
200g of dried red lentils
- Sauté the onions, potatoes and carrots with the garlic, ginger and Korma curry powder in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the hot stock, lentils, tomatoes, dulse and ensure that there is enough stock to cover all the ingredients. Add more stock if you like your soup thinner as long as all the ingredients are submerged during cooking.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for approx. 25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the lentils are soft.
- Remove from the heat and use a hand blender to blend until smooth or serve chunky if preferred.
- Serve sprinkled with more Mara Dulse and enjoy with some homemade chunky bread and butter.
Click here to purchase you 'souper' seaweed now!