This recipe is an adaption of one by food blogger Madeleine Shaw. In the original recipe she uses rosemary instead of Shony seaweed blend so if you like you could also add in half a tablespoon of chopped rosemary aswell. The texture of these are fantastic and they are great either on their own or with a dip!
(makes around 30 ish crackers)
- 150g of almond meal
- 1 TBSP of Shony
- 1.5 TBSP of melted coconut oil (on a low heat)
- 1 free range egg
- A large of ground pepper
- Set the oven to 180ºC.
- Place all the dry ingredients in one bowl (almond meal, Shony, and pepper), mix around.
- In a separate bowl place the egg and coconut oil. Make sure the coconut oil is melted but cool (so as not to cook the egg), whisk them together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and with your hands massage together until it forms a dough. If it is too dry add a little lemon juice or water.
- Grab some baking paper and line a flat roasting tray (around 35 by 25 cm) then cut out another strip of baking paper the same size.
- Place the dough in between the two sheet of baking paper and with a rolling pin roll in out keeping a couple of cm’s inside of the paper.
- Cut the crackers up into 30 rectangles with a sharp knife. As you see in the picture above as you cut in between the dough make thin gaps between the crackers so they can cook separately.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crispy. Flip them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Click here to shop Mara Seaweed