Chicken marinaded in honey, lemon and seaweed is pretty flawless combo. Use it as a go-to to simply enhance any chicken dish with a delicious and effortless nutritional flavour boost. A Mara classic.
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 mins
Marinating time: 1 hour
8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Shony
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5 tbsp light oil
1. Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients to make the marinade and pour over the chicken.
3. Allow the flavours to come together for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Make sure the coals are hot enough on the BBQ before putting the chicken pieces on.
Grill until golden and cooked through, about 10 mins. Alternatively, bake in the oven for 20 mins at 180C.
5. Enjoy with a crisp green salad (and probably homemade chips. Why not?)