BBQ-style Chicken with Shony Seaweed Rub
Shony 30g shaker tin - add to basket
Enhance any chicken dish with a flawless combo of honey, lemon and Shony.
Time 70 mins prep, 20 mins cooking
Mara's Shony seaweed blend works really well together with honey and lemon as a simple way to add a gentle hint of sweet, salty, bitter and sour. Use Shony to give any chicken dish an effortless nutritional boost, like in this Mara classic.
- 1 tbsp Shony
- 8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 5 tbsp light oil
- Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients to make the marinade and pour over the chicken.
- Allow the flavours to come together for 1 hour, by leaving the chicken in the fridge.
- Bake or grill in the oven for 20 mins at 180C, until golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy with a crisp green salad, and homemade chips. (Why not?)