A sure fire way to impress this Valentines Day is by making your loved one these delicious, chili chocolate and Mara seaweed hearts. The dulse adds a lovely umami flavour whilst the chili offsets the chocolate perfectly.
Recipe by foodie Helen Westwood.
200 g of dark chocolate (use a good quality chocolate with high cocoa solids)
½ teaspoon of chilli flakes
1 teaspoon of Mara Seaweed dulse flakes
2 pinches of seasalt
1. Gently melt the chocolate slowly on a low setting in the microwave or over a pan of water in a double broiler, stirring regularly
2. Stir in the chilli, dulse flakes and the seasalt
3. Pour into chocolate moulds or you can use silicone ice cube trays. You can also pop a cashew nut or a few sultanas in each well.
4. Place in the fridge until set
5. Turn the chocolates out of the moulds and dust with icing sugar once set
More recipes with chocolate and seaweed: