Marinated Tuna Steak with Dulse Seaweed
A sumptuous Asian-fusion dish with fire.
Time 40 mins prep, up to 10 mins cooking
A seared tuna steak is a beautiful thing, but can be hard to find locally in Scotland. Do ensure that you source your fish sustainably. Give it a delicious Asian twist with chilli and lime, and bring out the sea flavours with Dulse. Also works with beef steaks.
- 2 tbsp Dulse
- 2 sustainably caught tuna steaks
- 2 red chillis
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of basil
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- In an electric mixer combine the chilli, herbs, oil and lime juice. Add the Dulse and pepper to taste at the end. It should have a thick liquid consistency.
- Set aside two tablespoons of the marinade in a bowl and use the rest to coat the tuna and allow to marinade, covered, for 30 mins in the fridge.
- Heat a hot griddle pan or if you're lucky enough to have the weather for it, fire up the BBQ.
- Sear the tuna for two mins for a rare steak, or according to taste, turn over, baste with the marinade and cook the other side up to 10 mins for a well done steak.
- Serve with the reserved marinade and a fresh cucumber salad.