Whilst they make a sophisticated treat for guests, there's nothing pretentious or difficult about these parmesan cheese straws with Shony. You'll have them twisted together into the ultimate umami snack of dreams in no time.
Having a party? Whilst you've got your Shony out, why not throw together this gorgeous tapenade to dip the straws in, or to top these almond crackers with?
Thanks to Gina Sutherland for the recipe.
Makes: 20 straws
Time: 30 mins
350g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
150g grated parmesan
1 tablespoon of Shony
1. Pre-heat oven to 220c/Fan 200c/Gas 7. 2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the puff pastry. 3. Scatter over about a third of the grated Parmesan and the seaweed.
4. Fold the pastry in half and roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
5. Cut into 1cm strips, then twist the strips 3-4 times.
6. Lay on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese.
7. Bake for 12 mins, or until golden.
8. Leave to cool, then keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.