Shony, Mushroom and Tarragon Pate
Kombu Kelp Seaweed Flakes 50g Pouch - add to basket
This vegetarian friendly pate packs a punch. But watch out - it will disappear fast.
Preparation time 10 -15 mins
- 3-4 tbsp good quality rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small glass red wine (or water, or stock)
- 1 tbsp Kombu flakes or Shony
- 1/3 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- a sprig of fresh tarragon, leaves picked off and chopped
- warm flatbread, oatcakes to serve
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat until the onion bceomes translucent. Don't burn the garlic! Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes until they soften.
- Throw in the wine, making sure the heat is turned up until much of the liquid is absorbed. Finally add the Kombu or Shony, and mix in. Take off the heat.
- Tip the contents of the pan into the food processor and add the miso paste. Blitz for about 30 seconds and scoop into a bowl. Check the seasoning and add a pinch of sea salt if needed. Add the tarragon and serve with warm flatbread or oatcakes.