Thanks to local seaweed and baking enthusiast Gina Mackay for sharing her fantastic fudge recipe. A sprinkle of Shony makes for a pretty decoration, but also cuts through some of the sweetness. (The addition of seaweed makes this a healthier treat too, as its alginates bind with fats in your body to remove them quicker!)
125g unsalted butter, cubed
1 large tin evaporated milk
900g granulated sugar
120g bar of Dairy Milk Caramel chocolate
50g milk chocolate
2 tsp Shony seaweed
1. Line a shallow tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the unsalted butter and condensed milk, in a large heavy based pan, over a medium heat.
3. Add the granulated sugar and stir well.
4. Boil for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture from catching.
5. Once the fudge has reached 115°C take off the heat and mix thoroughly. Add the chocolate and 1 tsp seaweed and mix until the chocolate fully melted, and incorporated.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp seaweed, leave to cool. Once cooled cut into squares.