Singapore Noodles with Furikake
Furikake 30g pouch - add to basket
A spicy, savoury texture fiesta, for a quick midweek meal.
Time 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
This simple noodle recipe is packed with protein from seaweed, greens and peanuts, with a little kick from curry powder and chilli flakes.
The recipe can be made vegan, or throw in a handful of cooked prawns if you fancy.
- 1tbsp Furikake
- 200g egg noodles, or rice vermicelli noodles if you prefer
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm piece ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 small white onion
- 1 red pepper (or mix of coloured peppers)
- Handful tenderstem broccoli
- 2 handfuls mixed chopped mushrooms
- 100g baby sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 120ml soy sauce or tamari
- 300ml water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50g unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or large wok. Dice garlic, chilli and ginger and saute briefly.
- Finely slice onions and pepper into strips and add to the pan.
- Add curry powder and stir through.
- Chop broccoli into 2cm lengths and toss in sweetcorn and mushrooms.
- Boil noodles to packet instructions, rinse and drain.
- Combine soy sauce with water, lime juice and sugar.
- Add cooked noodles and soy sauce mix to veg. Stir and leave to gently simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles.
- Serve topped with peanuts and Furikake.