Superfood Smoothie with Kombu
A zesty morning wake-up, this smoothie is packed with fresh, natural ingredients. Rich in vitamins and minerals, it makes for a healthy start to the day.
Time 10 mins prep, 5 mins blending
Thanks to co-founder Xa for sharing her recipe for this invigorating smoothie, from The Seaweed Cookbook. With a high nutrient content from a variety superfood favourites, it's guaranteed to give you a morning mineral boost and helps to sustain energy levels.
- 1 heaped teaspoon Kombu flakes or powder
- 150-200ml coconut water, or water
- ¼ pineapple, skin removed but core kept (it’s very nutritious!)
- ½ cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 lime, peeled
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 handfuls of spinach or baby kale
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more to taste once you have made the juice
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh peeled turmeric or ginger
- 1 teaspoon matcha (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a juicer or powerful blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy immediately.