The Mara Mary Cocktail with Kombu Kelp
If this doesn't set you straight, you should probably just go back to bed.
Time 5 mins
This simple, umami-rich recipe will brighten up hungover mornings. The Mara Mary is our take on the traditional Bloody Mary, with added seaweed powder for the ultimate kick of nutrients and flavour.
Kombu kelp and tomato is a winning combination, offering a restorative boost of essential minerals: iodine, calcium, potassium and magnesium. You'll thank us later.
- 1 tsp Kombu kelp powder
- 400ml tomato juice
- Juice of half a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash of Tabasco
- 2 celery sticks
- ...and a couple of shots of vodka if you're feeling brave!
- Pour the tomato juice (and vodka) into a tall glass.
- Add the lemon juice and kelp powder, then season with black pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- To finish, add a celery stick to each glass and stir gently.
Top tip: glam up your Mary by first wetting the rim of the glass and dipping it into a mix of Kombu powder and celery salt.