Ultimate Superfood Salad with Dulse Seaweed
Throw together this "seaweed salad" as a post-workout boost of iron, protein, fibre and minerals.
Time 15 mins
This superfood-enriched salad made with Dulse seaweed is ideal as a filling low-calorie lunch or as a side to meat and fish dishes. The delicious seed topping can also be stored in a tightly sealed jar for adding to roast veg or rice dishes.
Discover seaweed nutrition facts.
- Mixed Salad Leaves
- Long Stem Broccoli
- Broad Beans
- 200g Quinoa
- Sprouting Mung Beans
- Alfalfa Seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Dulse
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Tiny pinch of salt and pepper
For the seed topping
- 1 tbsp Dulse
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Splash of soya sauce
- Cook the quinoa to packet instructions, then set aside to cool.
- Steam and blanch the broad beans and broccoli.
- Make the seed topping by toasting the seeds with the Dulse in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for around 3-4 minutes. When the seeds start to pop, add the soya sauce and stir over the heat until the seeds have soaked it up. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the salad dressing with equal parts of the liquids, to taste.
- Wash and spin or pat dry the salad leaves.
- Arrange all the ingredients together, drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle with toasted seed mix.