Throw together this salad as a post-workout boost of iron, protein, fibre and minerals. Try it as a filling low-calorie lunch or as a side to meat and fish dishes. The delicious seed topping can also be stored in a tightly sealed jar for easy topping for salads, roasted vegetables or exotic rice dishes.
Makes: 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes
Mixed Salad Leaves
Long Stem Broccoli
Sprouting Mung Beans
For the dressing: Sesame Oil, Olive oil, White Wine Vinegar, Juice of an Orange, 1tsp Mustard, 1 Garlic crushed, Pepper, 1 tbsp Dulse, tiny pinch of Salt
For the seed topping: 1 tbsp Dulse, 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds, 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds, 2tbsp Linseeds, 1tbsp Black Sesame Seeds, splash of Soya Sauce
1. Steam and blanch the broad beans and broccoli.
2. Cook the quinoa and then set it aside to cool.
3. To make the seed topping, toast the seeds with the dulse in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for around 3-4 minutes. When they start to pop, add the soya sauce and stir over the heat until the seeds have soaked it up. Then set aside to cool.
4. Mix all the ingredients together for the salad dressing with equal parts of the liquids to taste.
5. Wash and spin dry the salad leaves
6. Arrange all the ingredients together and drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle with toasted seed mix.