Winter Rescue Tea with Kombu
Seaweed is packed with nutrients to help fight off those dreaded seasonal colds.
Makes 2 large cups
Time 5 mins prep, 3 hours brewing
This tea is a great winter warmer, simply zinging with anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals to boost your energy and immune system. Our SeaEO Fiona swears by it.
Play around with the flavours to suit your taste; try adding citrus or a teaspoon of honey if you think it needs it.
The tea can also be enjoyed hot. Go on, look after yourself!
- 1-4 tsp of Kombu flakes or powder
- 1 litre of cold water
- 1-4 tsp of loose leaf green tea, or 1-2 teabags
Optional extras: 2 slices fresh ginger or galagal root; 1 tsp cinnamon; 1-2 lemon or lime slices; pinch of cloves, cardamom seeds or aniseed.
- Prepare the tea in advance: add green tea, Kombu and flavours of your choice to a 1.5 litre jug of cold water.
- Let it steep until a good colour has developed. This will take a few hours.
- If you want a hot brew, top up half a mug of cold tea with boiling water.
- Be prepared to experiment! Start with a more dilute version until you're used to the flavour, then make the drink more concentrated for greater health benefits.