Immune-boosting Tea with Kombu Kelp
Seaweed is packed with nutrients to top up your energy levels and boost your immune system.
Makes 2 large cups
Time 5 mins prep, 3 hours brewing
This tea will boost your thyroid function because it's high in Iodine. The potassium, magnesium and zinc will do wonders for your immune system. Our SeaEO Fiona swears by it.
Play around with the flavours to suit your taste; try adding citrus or a teaspoon of honey if you think it needs it.
The tea can also be enjoyed hot. Go on, look after yourself!
- 1-4 tsp of Kombu flakes or powder
- 1 litre of cold water
- 1-4 tsp of loose leaf green tea, or 1-2 teabags
Optional extras: 2 slices fresh ginger or galagal root; 1 tsp cinnamon; 1-2 lemon or lime slices; pinch of cloves, cardamom seeds or aniseed.
- Prepare the tea in advance: add green tea, Kombu® and flavours of your choice to a 1.5 litre jug of cold water.
- Let it steep until a good colour has developed. This will take a few hours.
- If you want a hot brew, top up half a mug of cold tea with boiling water.
- Be prepared to experiment! Start with a more dilute version until you're used to the flavour, then make the drink more concentrated for greater health benefits.