Almond Canape Crackers with Shony®Seaweed
Create the perfect hors d'oeuvre for your dinner party with these crispy seaweed crackers.
Makes 30 crackers
Time 20 mins prep, 15 mins cooking
This recipe is an adaption of one by food blogger Madeleine Shaw. In the original recipe she uses rosemary instead of our Shony® seaweed blend, so you could also add in half a tablespoon of chopped rosemary. The crunchy texture of these are fantastic and they are great either on their own or with a dip.
- 1 tbsp Shony®
- 1 free range egg
- 150g almond meal
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil (on a low heat)
- A large pinch of ground pepper
- Set the oven to 180ºC.
- Place all the dry ingredients in one bowl (almond meal, Shony®, pepper) and mix around.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg and coconut oil. Make sure the coconut oil is melted but cool (so as not to cook the egg) and whisk them together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and with your hands massage together until it forms a dough. If it is too dry add a little lemon juice or water.
- Grab some baking paper and line a flat roasting tray (roughly 35 x 25 cm) then cut out another strip of baking paper the same size.
- Place the dough in between the two sheets of baking paper and roll it out using a rolling pin, keeping a couple of centimetres inside of the paper's edge.
- Cut the spread dough into 30 rectangles with a sharp knife, making sure you leave thin gaps between the crackers so they can cook separately.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crispy. Flip them halfway through to ensure even cooking.