Berry, Nutty Porridge with Dulse
Love porridge? Then you'll love this healthy, warming breakfast recipe using Dulse as a salt replacement.
Time 5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
As well as reduced salt, seaweed and the other toppings are a great source of minerals. Berries are one of the best sources of antioxidants, and nuts and seeds are full of good fats to keep you going. One teaspoon of seaweed is enough to season your porridge as well as adding a good dose of nutrition.
- 1tsp Dulse
- 50g porridge oats
- 350ml of water or milk (or a mixture of the two)
- 1/2 cup frozen summer fruits, or other dried berries of choice
- 1 handful of nuts (e.g. Brazil, almonds, walnuts), roughly chopped
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- Squeeze of honey or maple syrup to serve
- Put the oats in a saucepan and cover with water or milk. Add the seaweed and the berries, bring to the boil and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- To serve, put the porridge in a bowl and top with the nuts and seeds, and honey or maple syrup.