Cabbage, Broccoli and Cashew Stirfry with Dulse
Dulse Seaweed Flakes 30g Pouch - add to basket
This simple nutritious dish balances minerals and protein making it an ideal post-workout dinner.
Time 15 mins prep, 5 mins cooking
Thanks to Helen Westwood for this tasty recipe.
This is a great Friday night recipe to try. It's quick, easy to make and it's also really healthy. Not only is seaweed excellent for post-workout recovery, the other ingredients used are also beneficial.
Cabbage, broccoli and cashews are all good sources of magnesium, a mineral needed to keep your cells in tip-top condition. Cashews are also a great source of protein, so if you have been working out and are looking for a balanced meal to help your muscles recover this works very well. You could also add chicken if you eat meat.
- 2 tsp Dulse
- 4 big handfuls washed, chopped kale
- Half a head broccoli florets, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 sliced red chilli
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
- Heat the coconut oil until melted in a large wok.
- Add all the vegetables, garlic, onion and ginger. Stir fry for a minute or so, then add the Dulse, water, cashew nuts and teriyaki sauce.
- Stir fry for a few more minutes, until the vegetables are heated through and have wilted.
- Serve as a delicious vegetable accompaniment, with noodles or on its own.