Chocolates with Furikake
A sure fire way to impress this Valentines Day is by making these delicious, chilli seaweed hearts.
Makes 10-12 chocolates
Time 5 mins prep, 5 mins cooking
The Dulse flakes within the Furikake blend add a lovely umami flavour whilst the chilli offsets the chocolate perfectly.
Thanks to foodie Helen Westwood for this delightful recipe.
- 1.5 tsp Furikake
- 200g dark chocolate (use a good quality chocolate with high cocoa solids)
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Gently melt the chocolate slowly on a low setting in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water in a dry bowl, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the Furikake and the sea salt
- Pour into chocolate moulds or you can use silicone ice cube trays. You can also pop a cashew nut or a few sultanas in each well.
- Place in the fridge until set.
- Turn the chocolates out of the moulds and dust with icing sugar once set.
Why not make a variety of chocolates to really impress your other half this Valentines Day.