Chorizo and Sweet Potato Risotto with Dulse
Dulse Seaweed Flakes 30g Pouch - add to basket
Sweet and spicy, this dish complemented by Dulse really hits the spot at this time of year.
Time 15 mins prep, 35 mins cooking
The smoky, savoury flavour of Dulse, paired with the spicy chorizo creates the perfect combination in this recipe. Thanks to Helen Westwood for this delicious winter warmer.
- 2 tsp Dulse
- 250g Arborio risotto rice
- 200g dry cured Spanish Chorizo sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 litre boiling stock made with 2 ham stock cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Put all the ingredients and half of the Dulse into an ovenproof casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 35 minutes at 200C.
- Halfway through the cooking time, stir the risotto. Add a little more stock towards the end if it's drying out.
- The finished dish should have all the stock absorbed by the cooked rice, without it being soggy.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the Dulse once cooked, and serve with a fresh green salad.