Freshwater Trout with Shony® Seaweed
This beautifully succulent trout seasoned with Shony® seaweed makes the ideal summertime meal.
Time 5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
This is a lovely recipe concocted by a seaweed fan, Alicia Grobelna.
- 2 tsp Shony®
- 1 whole freshwater trout (you could also use MSC salmon, sea bass or sole)
- 4 cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 3 slices of unwaxed lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp good quality olive oil
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 handful fresh tarragon and parsley, chopped
You can also use other ingredients like fennel, leek, capers, white wine, fresh dill or olives.
- Place a large baking tray in the oven and preheat to 200C.
- Place the fish on greaseproof paper, sprinkle with Shony®, pepper, tarragon and parsley.
- Scatter the tomatoes, lemon slices, butter and garlic across the fish with a splash of olive oil.
- Fold the paper over and make sure it's sealed properly with string or a weight to hold it down.
- Put the parcel onto the hot baking tray and bake for about 8-10 min, depending on the size of the fish.