Furikake Sweet Potato Fries
Mara Seaweed Furikake 30g Pouch - add to basket
A mix of sweet 'n' heat creates a tempting side for rare steak, baked salmon or juicy portobello mushrooms.
Time 10 mins prep, 30 mins cooking
This recipe can also be made with regular potatoes, or enjoyed with a mix of both kinds.
We like to dip our Furikake fries in our current favourite go-to condiment: a dollop of mayo with a squirt of sriracha mixed through it.
- 2 tbsp Furikake
- 2 large sweet potatoes (approx 1kg)
- 4-6 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and rinse sweet potatoes.
- Chop into thick matchsticks, approximately as long as a finger, and as wide as two.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and cover in oil, then Furikake and the paprikas. Mix well to form an even coating on the potatoes.
- Place the fries on a baking tray. For the crispiest edges, do not allow the fries to touch each other.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until the fries are golden and their edges are darkened.