Mara Seaweed Kombu flakes in tomato pasta sauce
Kombu Kelp Seaweed Flakes 50g Pouch - add to basket
Mara Seaweed Kombu flakes in pasta sauce.
Time 10 mins prep, 40 mins cooking
1 tbsp Mara Seaweed Kombu flakes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sugar
- 400g tinned tomatoes (the best quality you can find)
- 50g parmesan, grated (or vegetarian alternative)
- 250g pasta
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE PANGRITATA:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pot on a medium low heat. Add the garlic and rosemary to the pan and stir while cooking.
- Before the garlic colours, add the tinned tomatoes and Kombu flakes to the pot. Mash the tomatoes down using a fork or spoon. Bring the sauce almost to the boil, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 30 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook your pasta of choice using the pack instructions in a pan with salted water. Keep aside a cup of the pasta water then drain the pasta when cooked.
- To make the pangritata, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, garlic and rosemary and fry for around 5 mins, or until golden and crispy, then season to taste.
- Add most of the parmesan to the sauce, keep aside some for serving.
- If the sauce is a little thick, add some of the reserved pasta water until you get the right consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve and top with the pangritata and rest of the parmesan.