Moroccan Avocado Smoothie with Shony
A refreshing energy boost in a glass. This low sugar smoothie is the perfect health kick to start your day.
Time 10 mins prep
Inspired by a recent trip to Morocco, this wonderful smoothie recipe comes from student blogger Julia Jaczo and we think it is just the right balance between fresh and filling. As Julia highlights on her page, this smoothie is low in sugar and full of healthy fats from the avocado, giving you a slow release of energy throughout the morning. The addition of Shony flakes also adds a healthy boost of potassium and magnesium - essential for electrolyte balance on a hot, sunny day.
- 1 tsp Shony
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 large oranges
- 3 medium dates
- 1 cup of curly kale
- 1/3 cup of peeled unsalted pistachios
- 100ml of almond milk
- Mint leaves and almond flakes to serve
- Remove the seeds from the orange and squeeze its juice in a bowl.
- Blend together all ingredients.
- Enjoy topped with almond flakes and mint leaves.