Multi-seeded crackers with Shony
Thanks to @Lucyburneynutrition for this great recipe to support our health! We've added some extra Shony® seaweed into her cracker recipe for a savoury deliciousness boost!
150g Mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flaxseeds)
1 heaped tbsp whipped aquafaba (chickpea water)
5g Shony Flakes
Seasonings to taste
- Whizz the seeds up in a food processor to break them down to the size of the sesame seeds.
- Add the water and leave to sit whilst you prepare the aquafaba
- Fold in the aquafaba to the seeds and on a baking sheet (or 2) roll out the mixture between two pieces of greaseproof paper (you can lightly oil them) as thinly as you can without breaking.
- Peel off the top layer, check the thickness and, once happy, bake in the oven at 180°C for 15-18 mins.
- Check and if firm and golden on the top, remove from the oven, place a piece of greaseproof paper over the top and another baking sheet, and using oven gloves flip the crackers over to turn them. Peel off the layer they were sitting on and continue to cook until crisp and lightly golden (another 5-10 mins) but not burning.
- Break into pieces, allow to cool and store in an airtight tin