Toasted Seeds, Chickpeas and Nuts with Shony
Shony Seaweed Flakes 30g Pouch - add to basket
Try this recipe as a satisfying and healthy alternative to crisps.
Time 10 mins prep, 35 mins cooking
This savoury snack is a really good way to introduce sceptics to seaweed. The texture of the soft chickpeas and crunchy nuts make a wonderful contrast, whilst Shony adds a freshness and a pretty visual element.
- 1 tbsp Shony (or Furikake if you like a little spice!)
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g mixed nuts of choice - we recommend hazelnuts, almonds and cashews
- 50g mixed seeds of choice - we recommend pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and linseed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Dry chickpeas as much as possible before placing them in a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Shony.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end, take out of oven and mix with the nuts and seeds. Place back in the oven for 5 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly then divide into 4 small bowls for snacking. Alternatively, keep the mix as a salad topper in a sealed jar for up to 3 days.