Scallop and Passionfruit Ceviche with Dulse and Shony
Dulse Seaweed Flakes 30g Pouch - add to basket
Light, fruity and fresh. This dish, seasoned with seaweed, is the perfect way to kick off the New Year.
TIME 20 MINS PREP
Craving something light after all the overindulgence from the past few weeks? This recipe by food blogger Devilled Egg is an absolute winner!
- 1 tsp Dulse
- 1 tsp Shony
- 6 fresh scallops (from a reputable source such as your local fishmonger)
- 4 passion fruits
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Slice the scallops horizontally into 3 or more discs (depending on the size of the scallop).
- Remove the pulp from the passionfruit and combine with the lime, chilli and seaweed.
- Pour over the scallops, mix thoroughly and leave in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the scallops from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes (so as not to serve them completely cold).
- Lift the scallops from the juice and arrange on a plate, pouring some of the passionfruit over the top.
- Serve with fresh coriander and more seaweed on top.