Seaweed Butter with Shony® Seaweed
There's butter, and then there's Mara® seaweed butter!
Makes 25-40 servings
Time 110 mins prep
If you aren't able to buy our new seaweed butter product, you can always make your own version at home. By mixing our Shony® seaweed into the butter, this is makes a pretty and delicious finishing butter.
Spread on bread, oatcakes or crackers, use to bake white fish, use as finishing butter for green vegtables or steak.
The seaweed will make it taste slightly salty (taking away the need for salted butter) and dramatically boost its health credentials.
If you prefer, you can use Dulse instead of Shony to create dulse butter.
- 250g of great quality unsalted butter
- 2-3 heaped tbsp of Shony® seaweed
- Leave the butter out at room temperature to soften, for approximately one hour.
- Mix the butter with the seaweed and shape into a cylinder.
- Wrap in cling film or wax paper and put in the fridge, for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread or oatcakes or melt over chicken and fish to add seasoning.