Smashed Peas on Toast with Yoghurt and Shony® Seaweed
The next best thing since 'avo' on toast. A quick and healthy breakfast idea for when you are short on time.
Time 5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
Peas are a good source of protein, as is the yoghurt, so it should keep you going for a while. Throw some Shony® into the mix and you've got a very flavoursome, mineral-rich, attractive meal.
- 1 tsp Shony®
- 1 or 2 pieces bread
- 3 handfuls frozen peas
- olive oil (or butter)
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- a few basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Black pepper to season
- Put the peas in a pan of boiling water and cook for a few minutes until defrosted.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- When the peas are done, drain and roughly mash them in the pan using a fork.
- Either drizzle the toast with olive oil or spread with butter, then spoon the peas on.
- Add a dollop of natural yoghurt, the basil leaves, Shony® seaweed flakes and cracked Black pepper if you desire.