Tapenade with Shony® Seaweed
Make some healthy canapes this Christmas with this incredibly easy tapenade.
Time 10 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
Want to make some healthier canapes and snacks for your festivities this Christmas? We've come up with an incredibly easy seaweed tapenade to use as a dip or a topping on blinis.
- 1 tbsp Shony®
- 250g green olives
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pepper to season
- Gently fry the shallots in oil in a small pan until soft. Add the garlic and stir, then take off the heat.
- In a large dry frying pan, toast the sunflower seeds, then add the Shony® and toast for a further 4 minutes. It should give a rich nutty smell when toasted, before taking off the heat.
- Once cooled, add all the ingredients to a food processor and whizz until it combines into a chunky paste.
- Serve either as a dip, with wholemeal pitta bread, or make into a canape by cutting the pitta bread into triangles and put a dollop of the tapenade on top.