Thai Crab Cakes with Shony
Try adding Shony seaweed to these deliciously light crab cakes to create a quick and healthy meal.
Time 15 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
If you've had a weekend of heavy eating, this recipe by blogger and chef Helen Westwood is a nice light one to try. Don't be put off by the crab meat - if you can't find fresh crab you can always use tinned.
- 1 tsp Shony
- 1 cup fresh or canned crab meat
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 1 level teaspoon of thai green curry paste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Shape into 4 crab cakes using your hands.
- Fry in olive oil until hot and cooked, turning once to brown both sides.
- Serve with a green salad, orange slices and tomatoes.