Tropical Chocolate Cake with Shony
Want to eat chocolate cake without feeling guilty? Look no further. This vegan dessert enhanced with Shony is a delight.
Time 15 mins prep, 20 mins cooking
Health, nutrition and exercise student Julia Jaczo has given us a recipe for the Holy Grail of chocolate cakes - one that's healthy. It's paleo, dairy free, gluten free, free from added sugar and of course, contains seaweed flakes.
This decadent, chocolicous creation has a delicious oaty base topped with an avocado-seaweed-chocolate mousse. If you're new to adding cocoa to avocado, don't be put off. The rich taste and creamy texture will send your taste buds into a frenzy!
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 scoop of Meridian peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Shony
- 2 medium of avocado
- 3 tbsp of unsweeteened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of MyProtein sugar free chocolate sauce
- 1/3 cup of pecan nuts
- 1 ml of MyProtein vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp dried tropical fruit mix
- Preheat oven to 170C/gas 3.
- Mix the oatcake ingredients, spread on baking paper and bake for 20 mins..
- Blend the mousse ingredients in a blender.
- After baking, cool the cake base then top with the chocolate mousse.
- Sprinkle the cake with tropical fruit mix and serve.